Internships for San Sebastián, Spain
Qualified semester and yearlong students may apply to do an internship in the community. This field experience-type internship is designed to complement the academic program; therefore, students receive academic credit but no financial compensation. Students working in a non-English speaking environment must be able to communicate at an advanced language level.
Examples of previous placements include the following:
- Surfriders Foundation
- Basque Heritage Foundation
- non-profit organizations, including fair trade organizations, economic cooperation and development organizations, etc
- FICOBA exhibition centre
- AXA Insurance Company
- Museo San Telmo, a recently renovated Basque Society and Citizenship Museum
- Fundacion Cristina Enea, a nonprofit center for sustainable energy
- local primary and high schools
- children's storytelling at a local kindergarten
- local traditional bakeries
- marine activities boat center, a new marine science center whose mission to inspire conservation of the marine environment through education, research, and sustainable practices
If interested, you will apply after you have been accepted into the program; consult the Internship Opportunities and Application document on Student Gateway for more information. Requirements are: enrollment in the San Sebastián program; minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale; and junior standing at time of internship. A refundable fee of $100 is charged and returned upon successful completion of the internship.