About the Seoul, Korea Program
- Choose to study at Yonsei University, one of the Top 150 World Universities as ranked by Times Higher Education and enjoy its beautiful and tranquil campus located in the heart of the city
- Or study at Kookmin University, the oldest national private university in Korea, located in North Seoul near beautiful Bukhansan National Park
- Explore historic and modern Korea, known as the Land of the Morning Calm because of its mild coastal and mountainous climate
- Learn calligraphy, danso (bamboo flute), Korean cuisine, and more from eminent local and foreign professors
- Choose from a diverse range of courses at Yonsei or Kookmin while living in in one of the most “wired” cities in the world
- Enjoy bike or ferry rides along the Han River, entertainment and shopping, and visits to local temples through the center of bustling Seoul
Why Study In Seoul?
The Seoul program offers courses that introduce you to the business, politics, economics, philosophy, religion, and language of Korea, one of the most rapidly developing nations in East Asia. Seoul is a city of opposites bustling with palaces, city gates, and temples next to government offices, embassies, theatres, shopping, and more. Seoul is also home to many IT corporations and is emerging as one of the most “wired” cities in the world, allowing you to experience the opportunities offered by the communications revolution.
Stay for one semester or a full year at either Yonsei University or Kookmin University and take coursework in English from a wide range of discliplines, as well as Korean language. However, the academic courses are only part of the intended value of a semester abroad. Participation in formal and informal activities, such as field trips to local historical sites, forms an integral part of the program on both campuses.
The six-week summer Seoul program at Yonsei University offers courses taught in English in diverse disciplines. Special non-credit activities are open to summer session students, such as Taekwondo, Samulnori, Hip Hop Dance, Korean Cooking, Hanji Art, and more. We highly encourage you to enroll in one of these courses to enhance your cultural experience.