Internships for Torino, Italy
Qualified students may apply for internships. Internships are designed to complement the academic program. The schedule and number of work hours will be determined by the schedule of USAC courses. Students will be working in an authentic local environment, with exposure to the Italian language. Italian language ability is not necessary to complete an internship, but helpful. Interns receive up to three credits but no financial compensation.
Placement is not guaranteed by USAC, and is determined by application to USAC and an interview with the internship sponsor upon arrival in Italy. Example placements include:
- architecture studios with local architects
- Tom Tjaarda Design Studio, international car/industrial designer
- tutoring English to Italian University students or children
- assisting in English classes in local elementary schools
- designing marketing plans and materials for local designers, architecture firms, and other businesses
- Eggers Marketing firm
- communications/marketing firm
- graphic design/web design
- interior design
- art gallery
- photography studio, helping with shoots and shows, marketing, video editing, flyers, logos, social media
- Barclays, finance and real estate divisions
- marketing/advertising of USAC/USAC office
- gym/martial arts studio
- law placements in which you observe/meet with local lawyers
- local private Jesuit school, helping in English classes and language lab, sports center, assisting teachers, helping with childcare
- private tutoring and babysitting
Additional options with local and international companies may be available. The on-site staff will try to set up different, requested options if possible.
If interested, you will apply after you have been accepted into the program; consult the Internship Opportunities and Application document on Student Gateway for more information. Requirements are: enrollment in the Torino program; minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale; and junior standing at time of program attendance. A refundable fee of $100 is charged and returned upon successful completion of the internship.
Summer internships (for 1 credit) may also be available.