Internships for Shanghai, China
Qualified students may apply for internships. Interns receive a maximum of three credits but no financial compensation. The schedule and number of work hours will be determined by the schedule of USAC courses. Students must send in their application forms prior to the start of the program with a precise definition of their field of interest.
Placement is not guaranteed by USAC, but determined by application to USAC and an interview with the internship sponsor once in China. Possible internships placements include the following examples:
- Jianguo Hotel (Semester): hospitality
- Mandarin King (Semester): marketing
- FIDA Experience and Architecture International (Summer & Semester): architecture and design
- Jade Trip Event and Exhibition Services, Inc (Semester): marketing and event planning
- USAC Shanghai Program (Semester): office administration
- Lindge Software Co, Ltd. (Semester): translation and business communication
If interested, you will apply after you have been accepted into the program; consult the Internship Opportunities and Application document on Student Gateway for more information. Requirements to apply for an internship are: enrollment in the Shanghai program; minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale; and junior standing at time of internship. A refundable fee of $100 is charged and returned upon successful completion of the internship.
Summer internships may be available as requested. Early application is encouraged. For summer internships, you'll need to attend both Summer Sessions I & II to participate.